ARRIVAL & DISMISSAL
During drop-off and pick-up times, all cars deliver and pick-up on Grove Street at the entrance to the parking lot. All cars proceed south down the hill. Vehicles will be numbered. All drivers are asked to display number signs at 11:30 AM. For safety reasons, we request that only the Children’s Winter Garden with White Wing staff members open and close car doors.
Drop-off supervision is provided between 8:15 and 8:30 AM for all classes, except our 2 year olds who arrive later. The Children’s Winter Garden with White Wing School cannot be liable for any unattended children. If you arrive after Children’s Winter Garden with White Wing Staff members are no longer on duty, parents must accompany children into the building and get them safely to their classrooms. Children must never enter the building alone.
Carpool pick-up is from 11:30 – 11:45 AM. After 11:45 AM, parents must park their car and come into the school to pick up their child. Children will be waiting in the Children’s Winter Garden with White Wing School office. The CWG-WWS entrance is the door opposite the climbing structures. Please ring the bell on the left of the door to request access to the building.
For all other programs that do not start at 8:15, or end at 11:30, parents should go directly to their child’s classroom for drop-off and/or pick-up. Please ring the door bell on the side of the door to gain access to the building.
The Children’s Winter Garden with White Wing kindergarten staff will comply with public and private schools requests for assessment/ observation information for their pupil placement decisions. Parents who do not want us to allow this for their child should request otherwise in writing.
Scheduled conferences between parents and teachers are once a year for preschoolers and twice a year for Kindergarten programs. Parents should also feel free to contact the teachers and the director at other times during the school year by note or telephone. Teachers will not be available for discussions with parents during class sessions. When a parent has a concern about his/her child, he/she should ask the teacher for a conference time before or after school. Teachers do not discuss children at the door, in front of other parents, or in front of the child.
SNOW DAYS AND SCHOOL CANCELLATIONS
On those days when the Nashua Public Schools are canceled Children’s Winter Garden with White Wing School will be closed as well. If there is a “delayed opening” all the morning preschool programs will be canceled. The MWF Extended day class and the M-F Pre K class, however, will come in at the delayed starting time of 10:00 AM. Afternoon programs will commence at 11:30.
Additional closings for weather conditions may occur at the discretion of the Children’s Winter Garden with White Wing Director and the Chairperson of the Children’s Winter Garden with White Wing School Board. When necessary, announcements will be made for all classes on television station WMUR Channel 9.
Children should wear clothing and shoes that are weather-appropriate and suitable for indoor and outdoor active play. Children go outside daily, even during the winter months.
Since the children will be working with a variety of messy materials, clothes that will not be damaged by such materials are recommended. Each child must supply a complete change of play clothes, including underwear and a warmer layer. These items are to be left at school in the child’s “cubby” and are used when necessary.
Children should wear clothing they can easily learn to put on and take off themselves. Parents should pay special attention to boots. Umbrellas present a hazard and should not be brought to school. All removable articles of clothing and boots must be marked with the child’s name.
Each child’s class will have a snack period at mid-morning. Children bring in their own snacks. We encourage parents to choose healthy options. PLEASE NOTE: All classrooms at CWG-WWS are NUT FREE classrooms. This allows us to keep classrooms safe for everyone. We will notify you if there is any additional food allergy in your child’s classroom.
Food is one way we can nourish ourselves. Nutritious foods for snacks further facilitate optimal mental, emotional, and physical functioning of children. These include whole grain products, fresh vegetables and fruits and proteins. Foods especially known to increase susceptibility to stress and inhibit coping mechanisms are:
- White and brown sugar
- Enriched white flour
- Foods containing caffeine
- Excessive salt
Please inform the School, in writing, of any food restrictions or allergies. These should be noted on enrollment forms and medical reports. If your child has an epi-pen, please supply one that may be kept at the center. Food allergies can be life-threatening, therefore any child who has any type of food allergy is asked to bring in their own snack. We also ask that all snacks be sent in their original, unopened packages. This will help to prevent cross-contamination of foods.
- Payment is due the 1st of each month
- Checks should be made payable to the Children’s Winter Garden with White Wing School or CWG-WWS and addressed to 58 Lowell Street, Nashua, N.H. 03064. Please be sure to include your child’s name on the check to ensure that your check is credited to the proper account.
- Tuition payments can be mailed or dropped-off in the office.
- A $10.00 late fee is charged for any payment made beyond the due date.
- A $20.00 returned check fee will apply to any tuition payment check from an account with insufficient funds.
- Registered students whose tuition payments have not been made will be placed on a wait list.
- Anyone in need of special payment terms should contact the office.
- There is limited scholarship/tuition assistance available. The Donna Purkhiser Scholarship and the Gregory McDevitt Scholarship are awarded based on proven need. All information will be kept completely confidential. Applications are available in the school office and are due by April 30 for tuition assistance for the next school year. (If your circumstances change during the year, please contact the director regarding scholarship availability.)
- Please notify the director as soon as possible when a child is to be withdrawn.
- The registration fee is strictly non-refundable.
- Parents are responsible for tuition payments for the four school weeks following the child’s last day of attendance or following the date of notification of withdrawal, whichever is later.
- If the notification of withdrawal occurs between June 1 and the Friday preceding Labor Day, parents are responsible for four weeks of tuition.
The full CWG_WWS handbook is available for download here